Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Schwarzenegger was wrong

Yesterday, I spent a couple hours watching my son fish. Minus a baby bass that he threw back, these pix were the only catches. Not a bad day at the lake, I'd say. But looking at these images a day later, in light of the news of Ted Kennedy, I'm reminded of life's cycles. And I'm a little blue. Of course, in my own selfishness, I'm reminded of what my dad's going through. And given the nature of Kennedy's diagnosis, I remember when I got news that my great friend Helen had a brain tumor. Seizures like Kennedy's are what tipped off her docs. Isn't it strange how a few words can suddenly and abruptly change one's world forever. So I take solace in the world around me and count my many blessings . . .

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics! And yes, that was somber news about Kennedy. Why does it take that kind of news to get me to appreciate what I have? Seems like I shouldn't have to be reminded so often.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna rub my belly!