Friday, June 20, 2008

got liver?

One of my fabulous bitches, Waller, became even more fabulous when a few years ago, she donated a portion of her liver to her brother. And that experience, with all the lack of information on live organ donation, inspired her to create the non-profit organization Greatest Gift. Well, today, I announce with great glee the launch of her blog: http://greatestgift.wordpress.com/

For all those wonderful peeps out there with extra pieces of flesh and organ they really aren't using and don't need to survive (listen to me, Miss I-Still-Got-Both-Kidneys) here's your go-to site for all things related to live organ donation.

Since her childhood when she would carry neighborhood grandparents on her back to and from the grocery story (up hill, both ways), Waller constantly looked for new and innovative ways she could better the world around her. So when she says "give until it hurts," she ain't kiddin.' Kudos, Bitch!!!

1 comment:

  1. hee hee where did you get the "I'm a Liver Not a Fighter" graphic? I want it on a tshirt. Badly.

    My grandparents were heavy, too, and once we got to the local Hy-Vee the checkout lines were always dastardly long. The things I do for people. Geesh.

    (Thanks for the plug, beeyatch.)

    ReplyDelete

Wanna rub my belly!