Saturday, July 26, 2008

Capitol tidbits

As we depart from Capitol City today, I'll leave you with a few hits.
The Korean War Memorial was amazing. Not there 19 years ago when first/last visited the land. Viewing the Watergate (where I soooo wanted to stay) from the back of the Lincoln Memorial was a nice break from the crowds just feet away.
When I was 19 and here with my family, I don't remember so many geese and ducks and their little families, but at least the trash isn't overflowing from the reflecting pool.
With both the Ford Theater and the Smithsonian Museum of American History closed for renovation, I sought bummed out rest in a lovely little garden behind the Smithsonian Castle: the Enid A. Haupt Garden.
But before I left, I made sure to hiss at the Capitol ...
... and flip off the White House.

1 comment:

  1. George is gonna get you for that flip off! Especially since he reads your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Wanna rub my belly!