Saturday, January 24, 2009

Harassment? Seriously?!

Turbo's tired. Tired of the bullshit, tired of the digs, tired of the harassment. I'm kinda learning what it's like to feel vulnerable, and guess what? It blows chunks!

I consider myself a strong woman, an assertive (sometimes aggressive) piss-ant. But that's all being sucked away. Slowly, over the past several months, a creepy acquaintance has grown considerably more inappropriate and this person's actions are eroding my peace and serenity.

Some would tell me that I'm allowing him to get to me. And the strong Turbo rises up and says, "Yeah!" and tries to take his behavior with the proverbial grain of salt. Essentially giving him the finger.


But there's this part of me that's nervous. Today, following coffee hour, I go to my car and find a harassing bumper sticker put over my Obama/Biden one. Like Mr. Mart said, "This is the stuff you see in horror movies." I wonder if I'll come home one day to find a rabbit boiling on my stove.


Several years ago this individual confessed to having feelings for me. Flattered as I was, I told him, "Thanks, but no thanks." We tried to be friends, but he inevitably crossed the line. Following coffee hour, when everyone's hugging each other good-bye, he'd hug me and tell me he loved me. Mmmmm. Awkward. So I distanced myself.

Then he'd show up at my place of employment, asking me out to lunch. Again, "Uh, I've got a meeting." NO! His last visit was the clincher. He appeared a couple weeks before the election and when he figured out that our office was a bunch of liberal, hippie, pro-choice, tree-huggin' freaks, he . . . changed. I think he actually frothed at the mouth.


I'm not even sure why I'm blogging about this. Only a handful of people know about it. I don't want sympathy, that's for damn sure. And I'm not out to take some looser down. I'm just freaked out and want to be left alone!

My boss is suggesting my husband and I, along with 2 coffee klatchers who have witnessed things, go to the police. The strong Turbo says, "Really? This guy is a complete TOOL! He's nothing!" But the instinctual part of me is beginning to wonder how calculating is he? Is he capable of doing harm? He knows where I work, he knows where I live (because our place was pretty infamous in its horse ranch hay-day), we serve on a board together and go to the same coffee hours. I've already decided to resign from the board, and I'm willing to go to different coffee hours.

This just sucks . . . and here I thought my next post was going to be on the fabulous-ness of the Magdalene Rosary. Maybe I'll just go pray it and tell you about it later.

In the mean time, I'll leave you with this creepy song. I'm probably feeling paranoid, but I heard this on XM/Sirius Coffee House - Acoustic (over the tele) and thought, "How disturbing it that?!" So, enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. i feel for you...ugh, how creepy can some people get? hope this all sorts itself out and i'll say a little prayer hoping this guy gets transferred WAY WAY far....

    on another note...i thought i'd lost your blog! glad to find a link from woolydaisy when the litterbox wasn't functional anymore. warm and sunny spots are wonderful..

    wishing you well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You be VERY careful. People are nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike in Virginia writes: Go. To. The. Cops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmmmm.....complete TOOLS can HURT you!
    Really, really bad. Not kidding, very scary, go to the police!

    ReplyDelete

Wanna rub my belly!