Friday, October 10, 2008

The stinky Yogi

In an effort to lighten the mood here in the Litterbox, I'd like to talk to you about Jesus, I mean, something even more personal: FARTING. While this specific topic was hit on earlier this year from one fab blogger, The Mom Bomb, at the time, I was not practicing my yoga. Now that I've resumed, however, I find I'm having similar experiences. What experience is that, you may wonder? Yoga-induced FARTING.

The Mom Bomb shared that she was FARTING in her yoga class. I, however, do yoga at home. So while FARTING during a yoga session is not an issue I'm concerned with, I find the FARTING occurring after I'm done to be the issue . . . like everyday since I resumed yoga on Tuesday.

As my family complains to me about the noxious emissions and green clouds following me about the house, I try explaining to them that this is part of the yoga package. When a person stretches and bends themselves in the variety of postures, the organs of the body get excited and stirred up and starts ridding the body of all sorts of toxins. "Then stop doing yoga!" they demand. (Apparently, my toxins are particularly offensive.)

Initially, I thought this was a passing thing (rim shot). But here it is Day 3 since I resumed yoga and the paint is peeling from my house and mice are running from my office! In researching this phenomenon, many sites discuss the yogic principle of pratyahara which means withdrawal of the senses. As I said, I do yoga in my house, by myself, alone, so my senses are totally chill. But how can I help others practice pratyahara. Others who don't give a rat's ass about pratyahara, but would like to see Jen's Ass take a hike.

On Wednesday, my husband called me at work to share what our lovely Moira said after she sparked: "Sorry, I've got Mommy's gas." And everybody laughed!!!! Oh, it was so funny!!!!!! Honestly? I don't think "Mommy's gas" is so funny! There's much stigma that comes with FARTING! And even though this has come about due to practicing an ancient art, a FART is a FART.

So, if anyone out there has advice, experience, product information, I'm all ears/eyes. Now excuse me, I gotta go to the bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. I have always found farts to be hillarious. Can't stop laughing sometimes. I really needed a laugh this morning thanks for that. I do Yoga too and know exactly what you mean. Come on, admit it, you laughed all while posting that youtube link, didn't ya??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't farted in yoga for awhile now, since I have mastered the buttcheek squeeze. Unfortunately, I think I pulled a muscle in my butt trying to hold the gas in.

    ReplyDelete

Wanna rub my belly!