Saturday, March 1, 2008

Why this? Why now? Why not?!

As I jump into the land of Blog, I must warn any poor reader who crosses this path that they mustn't expect literary brilliance. No, I'm merely a wannabe. What do I intend to do here? I haven't a friggin' clue. While my user name may incite visions of some edgy little vamp scratching out prose in her Soho flat with a Carlsburg in one hand and a Marlboro in the other, let me be clear: I'm none of that. I'm a boring old wife, mother of 2 young ins, surviving a harsh winter in rural Iowa.

I owe my presence here (and you can lay blame on) the Liberal Redneck at Harbors Views Road here on Blogger. Upon googling some needed information, I was lead to his blog and couldn't leave it. Way too fun and yummy. In trying to leave a comment for the new love of my life (shhh, don't tell my husband), I somehow got directed and lead and coerced by the all-powerful prompts into creating my own space. Hmmm, wasn't so tough after all.

So, what can I leave you with today? The funny 'Buddy Christ' from "Dogma" and a couple lines from a current favorite song by the inspiring Rusty McHugh, who left this world for another about a year ago:

"Well folks around here got it pretty bad, but I'm one lucky man.
I've got some Old Milwaukee, and an ugly woman, and a shitty bag a pot."

Visit http://www.rustymchugh.com/ where you can listen to this song "Old Milwaukee" and other goodies like "Daddy's Drunk and Naked Up on the Waterslide."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wanna rub my belly!